Tuesday, September 20, 2011

feeling good

Did a 2.5 mile run today without walking! Well, except for a few seconds right after I start that is part of my warming up. It is really hard for me to write that and stay proud of myself. As soon as I write it, my mind tells me all the reasons it is ridiculous to be proud of that: I'm still overweight, I'm still REALLY slow, I have run so much farther than that that I shouldn't be proud of such a short run. But again I try to push those thoughts out of my mind.

Someday I will be able to train for and run another NYC Marathon for the NYC Alzheimer's Association. And someday I will run a race and have my daughter cheering for me. I remember running a half marathon a while back and seeing a little kid with signs cheering on his Mom. I remember choking up and hoping for the day when my child could be out there.

I can't remember if I already took note of this but I washed and dried my stopwatch ring. Since I can't find my regular running watch (maybe I left it at work?) and now the ring doesn't work, I've resorted to running with my Cateye bike computer! It does what I need. But I don't know what my problem is with running watches. I really hope to own a Garmin Forerunner someday. Lots of somedays...

My goal for the week is 10-12 miles. It is only Tuesday and I'm already at 5.6 so I'm doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment