Sunday, September 18, 2011

long run

Today is a beautiful sunny day. I figured today would be a great day to do my long run for the week since R isn't working and the baby seemed to be fairly un-fussy. Not to mention that I am pretty up to date on the laundry!

I've got a good head start on the week now. I'm trying to stay within myself here. I am doing the best I can with what I've got. I won't be training for a marathon in the next few months but I can be a bit healthier, get in some exercise, and work towards improvement.

I'd like to run 10-12 miles this week. Today I did 3.1 in about 37 minutes. I was trying to slow down and take it easy. Even though this isn't a very long long run, it is the longest I have run in months and I wanted to treat it as a long run. I've read that maintaining a purpose for each run is a good way to stay focused and improve.

Tomorrow is a big work day for R so I may or may not be able to run. I may just do a Jillian workout to keep things fresh and not get bored. Or perhaps I will pull out the kettlebell.

No comments:

Post a Comment