Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Base

I often feel the urge to blog when I simply can't...in the subway, while I'm running, while I'm driving, etc. I suppose it doesn't much matter but I would like to be more consistent. I kinda feel like that with most things in my life so I suppose blogging shouldn't be much different.

Our baby is due in less than two weeks. I am super excited and scared. And I'm not sure if I'm happy or embarrassed to say that the only thing I've got to hold onto in terms of coaching my wife through childbirth is marathon training.

Can't eat during labor? How about Gatorade or Gu? The pain is inevitable? Count foot strikes! Oh wait...that doesn't quite go one to one does it? You get the point.

The R2R team is already in full swing and I must admit to some pangs of jealousy. Though I also feel a bit relieved to not have to do super long runs in the heat. It has been in the 90s for several days straight this week. And the little bit of running I have been doing has been inside the air conditioned gym.

Mostly I'm just trying to keep some kind of base. I am also trying to increase my run:walk ratio. But overall I'm really only running about two miles about three times a week, plus some weight training.

No comments:

Post a Comment