Saturday, May 14, 2011

Never Better

I was on a good roll but I guess it has now been a month since I've posted. It happens. My running has fallen a bit off but not quite as much as my blogging. But there is a lot going on in my life right now so I'm really trying not to beat myself up.

In a few hours there will be guys here ripping out our old carpet and installing new stuff. They are moving all the furniture but we had to move all the stuff that was on the furniture, which was a much larger task than I originally thought. Monday the contractor shows up to start the lead paint remediation on our ceiling and to install our dryer vent. Though I am excited about all of this, I am totally stressed. On top of it all, preparation has been done with my ever growing pregnant wife who has had a horrible cold for the past week. All prep for parenthood I suppose.

Still, I have gotten some running in. But it hasn't been what I had hoped for in preparation of my half marathon next weekend. It is going to be a tough race. But I am trying to plan to just enjoy the day and settle in to a comfortable run/walk to finish. I won't be looking to PR.

I know I will not be running the NYC Marathon this year and it has me a bit sad. Though I certainly won't miss the 15 mile runs in the summer heat, when marathon Sunday gets here, it is going to be a rough day. Still...I will watch on TV with my new baby!

So without that late fall looming mammoth run, what am I to do? I will need a new goal after next weekend. And I need to lose some weight. All of this stress has lead to some really terrible food choices. Free cake at work certainly didn't help this week! But I need something I can manage and that has some flexibility involved. With a newborn, I am certain I will not be able to manage an inflexible training plan for a long race. Perhaps some Crossfit? Some shorter runs? Run Amuck is in June and I would like to do that if we aren't travelling that weekend. Hmmmm. Lots of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment