Wednesday, April 13, 2011

5 x 400

Such a simply looking workout. Actually, it wasn't too bad. But part of the reason it wasn't so bad is because I skipped yesterday's workout. Okay, okay, so I SAID I was going to go to the gym if it was raining. But I had plenty of excuses and so I didn't go. But tonight I did go over and take advantage of my free week.

I got on the treadmill and did about a half mile of run/walk warmup. Then I did my 400s at about 5.5mph (about a 10:43 mile). Looking at the number makes it seem kind of slow. But I didn't want to overdue it and I've never run a race over a mile that fast. I started with recoveries of 200m but it felt too long so on the fourth and fifth go, I cut it to 100m, which seemed better. I did push my last repeat up to 6.0 for the last 200m because I felt like I could. I can definitely go a bit faster next time. I won't push it too much higher but I did feel like I could push a little harder.

In total I did about 2.25 miles but the time doesn't matter really since it includes recovery walking. Good stuff.

Tomorrow was scheduled as a rest day because I have plans after work. I doubt I will get up early enough to get to the gym or go for a run before work. And I want to be sure I'm getting enough sleep. I made that my priority last night and although I still wanted a 3pm nap, I felt a lot better overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment