Monday, April 11, 2011

Make Me Strong

I was on my way home from work and thinking about how much I had to do and how much I didn't want to do my scheduled workout. Then I remember that I wrote here that I had stretch and strengthen tonight. Not that anyone is checking in on me but I didn't want to let myself down. So I did what I had to do. Thirty minutes later, I feel a little stronger and a lot better about myself.

Tomorrow is a three mile run. I think it is supposed to rain. So I am going to join the gym. I plan to only be a member for a few months. But it will help me not avoid runs on super rainy days. I don't mind running in a bit of rain but getting soaked last year, though it felt triumphant, is not something I want to repeat on an ongoing basis. Plus, I keep skipping interval workouts and I think the treadmill will help with that. As I type this, I am thinking I might not go because I feel guilty about spending the money. Hmmm...well, I am committing to doing my run tomorrow, regardless of how it gets done.

One foot in front of the other, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment