Sunday, April 10, 2011

Five Is The New Long

I did five miles today. Slowly. But I did it. I have lost so much but keep reminding myself that I'm only concentrating on this race, this week, this run, this segment, putting one foot in front of the other. That, in essence, is how everything happens. So...continue putting one foot in front of the other and I will finish. And I did.

I started out doing 5:1 intervals but after two of these, my left shin was screaming. Again, my hip was fine. So though I berated myself for my weakness, I dropped to 3:1 and finished out there.

I'm sure I wasn't helped by the snacks from yesterday. We drove up to Yonkers to have dinner with some friends and go see Red Molly perform at a benefit concert. One of the members of Red Molly went to high school with my wife and our friend so it was also a mini-reunion. We were plied with snacks (brownies, fruit tart, and whoopie pies!) and had a great dinner and I really enjoyed myself. The music was fantastic! I highly recommend checking out Red Molly on their tour if you get a chance. And Abbie Gardner has just put out her latest solo CD, which is so good, we listened to it twice on the way home! She is one of the few artists who never rotates out of my iPod rotation.

My yoga class is cancelled this week so I think I'm going to rotate my schedule a bit and do stretching and strength tomorrow.

One foot in front of the other, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment