Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back to the Hills

Back on track this week, I hope. Three hill repeats. I thought about going for four but, ever worried about injuries, after the two bum weeks, I figured I would wait. I'm on good time for meeting my goal this week and I'm already only a half mile from last week's mileage.

I cooked some stew today, after my last cooking adventure went awry. (I tried the slow cooker for the first time but am not entirely familiar with its whole deal and was making chili with dry beans. So...just not right.) I got a recipe for Irish Stew from a pub cookbook. Only I substituted beef for the lamb and basically cut the amount in half. The rest of the stew includes carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, and barley. It didn't turn out very much like beef stew, or anything like the picture in the book. But it is full of vegetables and with a little salt, it isn't bad really, aside from looking quite pale. I was going to make some brown bread to go with it but realized I was out of eggs. Maybe tomorrow since I don't anticipate a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment